PRE BOOKING MANDATORY
Packing may not be available so you should expect to pack for yourself.
A-licence and student jumpers are advised to attend a safety day in advance for refresher training otherwise they may not be able to book a space.
Those requiring kit hire will be expected to hire equipment for the weekend as equipment used will be quarantined after use to follow Govt and BS guidelines.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
If you have not already completed Kit and docs this BS year, this will be need to be done before you attend. Prior to arrival, please fill in your club membership agreement and submit it, together with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org You will not be able to complete Kit and docs on arrival.
- Completed club membership form (please do not fill in the section marked “For Instructor Use Only”)
- Relevant medical forms
- Copy of your British Skydiving Membership and appropriate ratings
- Copy of your Packing certificate
- Copy of your Rig Record of Inspection*
- Copy of your Rig Packing Data card*
*If your equipment is with Kim for a repack, please let us know and we will speak to Kim for these details. We will not be able to contact any other packers or riggers if your equipment is with them.
Please put credit on your account using ground control
- Send your email address to email@example.com for details of your account
- You will already have an account in Ground Control if you have jumped at SCCL. DO NOT set up a new account yourself in Ground Control as this leads to duplicate accounts being formed
BEFORE ATTENDING THE AIRFIELD
Please ask yourself
- In the last 14 days, have you been in contact with someone who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 or has had a positive test for Covid-19? – this does not apply to Healthcare Professionals who have protected themselves against the virus.
- In the last 14 days have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you now, or have you in the last 14 days had any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, diarrhoea, vomiting or muscle aches and pains?
- In the last 42 days (six weeks) have you had any of the above symptoms and have mostly recovered but have still been left feeling a bit unwell or short of breath?
- Have you travelled outside the UK in the last 14 days to a country that does not have a “Bridging Agreement” with the UK?
- In the last 14 days have you been disregarding basic social distancing practices in your daily life, e.g. not wearing a mask in busy public places and not staying at least the Government recommended distance (2 metres at the time of writing) away from other individuals when possible?
- Do you live in a locality, or work in a facility, which has had a local lockdown order imposed and still in force?
- While at home, are you in frequent direct contact with individuals whose health is at high risk if they are exposed to COVID-19, such as those in the Governments Vulnerable or Extremely Vulnerable and Shielded groups?
- Are you in one of the Extremely Vulnerable and Shielded groups?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please do not attend at this time. The same applies to any spectators you bring with you who should be from the same household.
TRAVELLING TO THE AIRFIELD
Where possible please travel by car and avoid sharing lifts with people outside your own household.
- You will be required to submit to a health check and fill in a questionnaire on arrival
- If your temperature is 37.8c/100f or below you will be given a wrist band allowing you to jump that day.
- The clubhouse will be closed to enable social distancing.
- Please remain in your car and social distance from other jumpers when not on a lift or dirt diving
- Please keep kit in your car
REGULAR HAND SANITISING
Whilst at the airfield please could we ask that you regularly sanitise your hands using the sanitising units positioned around the site. Soap and water are also available in the toilet block which will be open.
Please do not enter any of the marked restricted areas unless you have been specifically asked to do so by a member of our team. We use these areas for kitting up, packing the parachutes, administration, and training. You will also need to sanitise your hands both on the way in and on the way out.
Please provide you own face covering and wear it whenever social distancing requirements dictate.
You can make a face covering from an old T-Shirt by following these government guidelines.
IN THE AIRCRAFT
- Talking in the aircraft is to be limited to emergencies only
- A screen will be placed between the pilot and jumpers
- JMs will need briefing open emergency procedures before taking control of a lift
- The door is to be opened as soon as practical after take off
- Flight times will be limited so 15K ft lifts and second passes will not always be possible
- You are likely to have to pack outside so we can ensure we are socially distanced when packing tandem and club kit
- Manifest in the usual way but please delegate someone to gather a list of names so as few people enter the office as possible
- Wear gloves and face masks when dirt diving or in the mock-up
- Please carry your phone with you on every jump
Our café will be open but serving a reduced menu. Contactless payment is preferred.